Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 September 2010

The Orchard, Dartford 16th Sept 2010

Well off we went to Dartford, home of the tunnel! Went up the A303, so scenic route today! Went past Stonehenge, finally managed to get a shot as we went past... Still have never been, really must one day..


Here's a shot front out front during set up.. with some green lights going on.. Quite like that pattern in the middle of the screen.
The Orchard has these lights running around the auditorium, here they are in red but they change colour, it's very 50's Diner! I liked this, makes the venue a bit different to all the others we've been to!
There are many posters backstage, noticed another floyd tribute show poster up there, pah!! Here is Harry Hills defaced poster, presumably defaced by him himself?
In the Wardrobe room, where we made tea we found these tumble dryer hoses which we then used as arms. cool huh! Oh yeah Fredi had dyed her hair!!!

Us girlies backstage before we went on, Harriet Baker on the right (our Sax player depping for Ross as he's just become a dad!) We posed in this order for the three shades of hair!
We're such girls!!

Great show tonight, had a good feel on stage, and the band were happy chappies.

Here is Gary and Sue that we met.. I'm sure we've met a different Gary and Sue way way back in the blog? Manchester opera house i'm thinking... We had a little chat before they left, very jolly couple, hope they laugh when they see themselves on here! Famous now guys!
Here's me and my school pal, Paula oh the things we used to get up at school!! This is her lovely hubby Richard too. So glad that they came, she hasn't seen me sing since I was at school I think, and here's another little story for you, Paula is a big part of why I'm doing this today as she was the one who asked me to go with her to the auditions of Bugsy Malone at School when we were 12 or 13. I was very shy about speaking in class but for some reason, give me an american accent and away I went!! Didn't know I was a half way decent singer til then..Got the bug and well the rest is history.. So thanks Paula, hope you feel in someway responsible.

We then travelled over night to Somerset and stayed at my sisters place... there were blow up lilos all over the place. Quite amusing, see next blog for full story and pics!



1 comment:

  1. Polly! Can't believe it's taken me so long to get onto your blog after your fantastic show! I am amazed and touched at you giving me credit for some part in your amazing vocal journey .... Was clearly always going to happen for you. What a voice!!! I am so proud and privileged, can't wait for the next time I can watch you perform. Lots of love to you xxxx

    ReplyDelete