Total Pageviews

Friday 4 February 2011

R. I. P Llangollen thurs 4th feb 2011

Well hello peeps! I'm writing while we are travelling up to Llangollen - north Wales. Just passed Bristol and chris is at the helm, minibus which I'm told is named Betsy 3 is cruising along quite nicely. Weather- grey! Eta to venue is about 3 hours. We have already been here before a beautiful Welsh town, and I remember a nice bridge near by! Currently in the back of van is Paul-sound man, Pete- bass, Fredi-vocals, and jeff- drums. The last two are glued to the DVD player watching keanu reeves in some film about demons. We have discussed the reeves' lack of acting ability but jeff assured us he doesn't have to act much in the film.
I'm currently wondering if anyone will read my pre show blog today from Llangollen And also if we will stop for a coffee somewhere as I have a cadburys twirl giving me the eye!

Here are some pics from the bus of the last few minutes before getting to venue



Over the lovely bridge, that water looks fierce!
A lovely 'hillock', this is my word of the week, I have used it twice in 2 days!!!
Sign for Llangollen
Venue from the outside
The backstage area reminds me of a leisure centre with the cubicles for changing.

Fredi on Toasties
Last time we were here we had Chris and Leigh providing the sound equipment and they were here today also. We played Geek power last time (top trumps in other words with pics of geeks on each one) I can't believe that was so long ago!

Venue from side stage

I liked this big piece of Art in the foyer!

Post show blog: show went well, saw Gary and Anna and their daughters. Also Geoff and Lynne from Liverpool! So nice to see familiar faces. Down to our last 2 pig style t shirts and they are double xl! Am trying to write while driving to our night stop in Crewe, but man it's tricky on an iPhone! Also it's very windy, seen 2 trees across the roads already! Onto Stoke now....

Oh falling asleep was heaven in our travelodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment