Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Thurs 10th Feb 2011, The Beck, Hayes

This was near where my mum started her life in Hillingdon, random fact for you there... It was a nice brown building just set back off thew road. We found it quite easily as not far off the M4. A long long row of shops near by where we later brought a curry. The crowd (forgive me for saying this crowd) were a bit slow to warm up, but by the second half they were fantastic, really really good in fact... maybe they'd had a few drinks in the interval or were more familiar with the 2nd set songs? This brings me to the fact that I have discovered over the time of touring that it only needs one or two noisy, enthusiastic people to be having a good time and the crowd relaxes into it sooner! Sometimes our audiences are terribly 'English' for the first set, so come on if you're in our next audience just go for it, the more you smile and enjoy it then we can see that and you can't help but feed off it. I must point out for any new readers to my blog and if you haven't seen our show that there hasn't been a show yet where the hasn't been a standing ovation at the end...

Which leads me to our top 3 crowds so far...(criteria includes: enthusiasm throughout the show)
For me the ones that stand out are:.....drum roll please...

Dunstable (which we are playing again soon woo hoo) - Both times we have played there, these guys cheer loudly as the lights go down at the start.

London - Shepherd's Bush Empire - This crowd really knew howe to have a good time.

I shall ask the band to give me their feedback for a third...

Fredi did great gig tonight and did a fab job, got a great reaction from the crowd. We are taking it in turns, and the way you know who will be singing it when you come to watch a show is who is standing the furthest in to the centre (ie nearest the drums) ....If she is blonde then it is Fredi and if she is a brunette then is is me (Polly).
Emotions were running high during wish you were here and comfortably numb, I saw a lad not that old sitting maybe three rows back in a red tshirt, wiping away what I can only assume were tears, theres just something about the screen images that makes you think, I'm glad i'm not out front as i'd be a mess!

Kudos to the guy in a black /skull motif? t shirt quite far back, I could see him getting into big time all the way through!

An amusing momnent was Jeff threw on patchs wig for roll call, made me chuckle.

Lovely people and lovely comments after the show, t'was a pleasure.


Photos to follow.. sorry bout this photo nonsense. there is a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment