Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 March 2011

The Grove, Dunstable, Saturday 19th March

Delayed Blog.....again with the excuses I know....but I have been mega busy this week! Just about fitted in the gig! I even worked teaching kids the following day for 12 hours after having 3 hours sleep! I am officially exhausted!

Here's whats went on at Dunstable my fine blog followers.

On the drive up I noticed that the wicker man is not standing alone any more... for all of you from up North or East I guess you won't know the wicker man in somerset (next to the M5)! Here he be!


Well they seem to be building lots of huge factories/offices / big buildings and now he kinda stuck amongst loads of work things - tractors, diggers etc.... poor wicker man!

M25 pics
Some sort of accident in the distance! check out the smoke cloud!

The give Peas a chance sign! - google it!
Backstage at Dunstable, they obviously must have used this sign in a show....hmmm what was the name of that show with the dance school....hmm oh dear..... only kidding...
Chris sliding on a rolling thing - this was the moment he realised that it would be bad if he broke his legs and quickly got off!

Dressing room, Mrs Loar will hate me for this 'mid eating' snap. That picture on the wall is new i'm sure! I will have to go back to 2010 Dunstable blog and see.
The kitcheny part of the green room, with Harriet and Fredi, think Chris is checking microwavable instructions for his chicken ding as he calls them (things that go ding in microwave)
Sound Check (hence the smokey pic - lots of haze on stage!)
Fredi looks dead in this. It's a strange pic I just had to put it up on here.

Show was good, Fredi was on Great gig this evening, and even did it with a cough. There's something about the adrenalin that seems to get you through it, I've sung it with all sorts of throat ailments.

After the show, we met up with Glenn our manager and Ross our regular sax player who was watching Harriet tonight as they live near by. He originally couldn't make the show, hence Harriet was dep'ping but then a change of plans and he came to watch. There were some drunk or just very noisy people who were talking a lot through the show. I have to say I feel quite sorry for those who want to be able to focus and listen to the music. Why people would want to pay good money to talk their way through a show is beyond me, and well in a theatre situation - a bit disrepectful don't you think? Go watch a pub floyd band! Rant over......


Here's Gary from Gary and Anna fame, and their daughter who doesn't seem that impressed! They are talking to Pete our bass player.
It was paparazzi time for Harriet!

Me and the lovely Harriet, gosh i'm tinsy winsy!
Oooh it's a bit of a close up but hey ho! This chap was called Danny England and he made me take this pic!



No comments:

Post a Comment