Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 November 2010

Jeffs Illness and The Palace, Mansfield Sunday 7th November 2010

Firstly before I commence my blog about Mansfield, I shall be filling you in on Jeff's illness that some of you may have read about on our news feed.

From what i've been told. Jeff was told to go straight from the doctors to the hospital and ambulance came for him and everything. When Jeff was in the hospital he emailed us all.


'I really thought I was going to be fine. Went to bed early to try and sleep it off but woke up really bad this morning. Actually really quite scared me, I'm used to having a tight chest but this was a whole new level. They're actually keeping me in overnight. (editor: which turned out to be 2 nights in fact!) Not happy about that. Blood oxygen level is very very low! So here I am in a ward with 3 old men, having just eaten a meal that made mcdonalds look like masterchef'. And there are no hot nurses!!!

Just a fat booth version of Jeff for funsies!

Patrick being Jeffs best pal of many many years went to see him in the Hospital and took the following pics. Patrick is used to all of this stuff as he's an ambulance driver in his spare time!!! If you don't like needles then don't scroll down but don't worry it's not a close up!!


Jeff said the nurse (or should I say Murse - male nurse!) was a trainee and it took many many attempts to take blood, he said he very nearly threw up on him. I have a 'thing' about blood being taken already and I will refuse to have a trainee after this story!!! In fact I feel a bit squeamish even writing this now!

This was the pic when he was feeling better!

He said that they have given him a different inhaler now, mentioned something about 'steroids?' and since he has not needed to use his puffer anywhere near as much. Lets hope he stays super healthy from now on!

ON TO MANSFIELD GIG

This one is a bit delayed, sorry folks, I need more encouragement from people who read it at gigs!! Mansfield was a long drive, they all seem to be long drives lately... It wasn't till we were about 3 hours into the journey I realised that Patrick was asleep on the back seat, I had no idea and had been talking away at the top of my voice to Fredi. He woke up and moaned about how loud we had been, oops he should have let me know he was there. He had done a night shift the night before and was having a 'few' hours sleep!!! There is no way I would be able to do all he did that day on only 3 hours of sleep. He's todays hero! When he was awake he gave us a some iphone tricks /tips, one of which was this handy trick of photographing whatever is on your screen at the time. We had no sat nav and were blindly following the other van (I refer to Steves blog! - sat nav from joke shop) so I was using my iphone as a navigational tool and updating everyone with the distance left to go in hours and minutes. I'm quite sad like that! Anyway here's a fairly useless picture of what was on my phone when we weren't far away!!



I didn't take many pictures today, but there was a great green room just off the stage and the staff were very friendly. I talked to a lovely young lady who worked there and she said it was like a big family at the Theatre, her dad worked there and there were even three generations in one case. The show went well, a good crowd. After the show we did our usual chatting to people I spoke to Suzanne about 'Great gig', I was telling her how I had learnt it, she was also having a go at it and was getting stuck in some sections.

Here's me and Suzanne and her friend Paul


I also had a quick blast with the video camera function on my phone. This is only posted on here because I did such a rubbish job of taking photos and this entry was looking a bit bare. The quality isn't great but it's of the merchandise selling at the end of the show, you can hear my annoying voice asking if you can zoom out on the phone and at the end you can see Steve talking to his granddaughter Olivia, Patch selling some t shirts, and some of our audience. It's on 18 secs long but it gives you flavour!

No comments:

Post a Comment